As Hurricane Irma approaches, we encourage all Floridians to get ready by purchasing supplies, monitoring the storm, and knowing their plan to evacuate or seek shelter.
For a free legal consultation, call (800) 747-3733
Must-Have Hurricane Supplies
- Non-perishable food
- Bug spray
- Paper plates
- Fuel for generator
- Weather radio
Also remember to fill your car up with gas, charge your cell phone, and get cash before the storm arrives. See this complete list of hurricane supplies for more essentials.
Know Your Evacuation Zone & the Best Routes
Are you in an evacuation zone? Do you know the best route to evacuate?
See the Florida Division of Emergency Management website for evacuation zone and route maps for all 67 Florida counties.
Locate Your Nearest Shelter
Have a plan for if you need to evacuate. If you plan to go to a shelter, locate the shelter nearest you. The Florida Division of Emergency Management has a list of shelters in each county.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Prepare to File Hurricane & Flood Damage Claims
While we hope the storm misses our state and any damage is minimal, Anidjar & Levine can help you file hurricane and property claims following the storm. Here are a few things you can do to protect any claims file after the storm:
- Print a copy of your insurance policy and keep it in a safe place.
- Know what your policy covers. It may cover more than just repairs (e.g., hotel stays, food, debris removal, etc.).
- Take photos and videos of valuables in your home.
- Keep records and receipts of immediate repairs and hotel stays after the storm.
- Insurance companies may undervalue your claim. Do not accept a settlement offer without speaking with a lawyer.
- Call us for help dealing with the insurance company: 1-800-747-3733.