Our accident attorneys are prepared to help if you were in a collision with a moving van. We can help you fight for compensation that covers your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses related to your injuries.
A West Palm Beach truck accident lawyer will manage the legal process for you and negotiate with insurance companies and moving companies for a fair settlement. We provide free consultations for those injured in South Florida, and we only get paid if you recover compensation.
I Got Hit By a Moving Van —What’s Next?
If you or anybody else is hurt, call 9-1-1 immediately to request medical assistance. Here are other steps to take after an accident:
- Move the vehicles out of the way of traffic.
- Exchange information with the driver of the moving van.
- Take photographs of the accident scene and the vehicles involved.
- Get contact details for eyewitnesses to the wreck.
- Make a doctor’s appointment if you didn’t need emergency care.
- Consult a lawyer about your accident and rights to compensation.
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine provides responsive legal care after moving van accidents in West Palm Beach.
How Will Your Lawyer Build a Case?
When you hire a West Palm Beach moving van accident attorney, they will take over communications with insurance companies, the moving company, and other attorneys. Your attorney will keep you updated on your case and answer your questions throughout the case. Call the West Palm Beach personal injury lawyers at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for a free consultation.
Our team will retrieve evidence and build a case that establishes the defendant’s liability. We may also work with expert witnesses in some cases. There are three main things your case must establish to prove the other party’s liability for your damages:
- Duty of care: Everyone on the road owes each other a duty of care. Drivers, including moving van drivers, must operate their vehicles with reasonable care to prevent accidents.
- Negligence: Our lawyers will work to prove that the other driver broke their duty of care by breaking a traffic law, being careless, or otherwise being negligent.
- Causation: There must be a link between the driver’s negligence and your accident. We build your case to demonstrate that the driver’s negligence led to the accident and your injuries.
- Damages: Your case must prove that you suffered damages from the accident, including medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Your West Palm Beach moving van accident lawyer will build a case to prove these four things and negotiate for a settlement.
Causes of Moving Van Accidents
When it comes to a moving van accident, some of the causes may include:
- Overloading the van, making it unstable
- Distracted driving
- Careless driving
- Reckless driving, like speeding or following too closely
- Improper turns or lane changes
- Intoxicated driving
Damages in a Moving Van Accident Case
If you were hurt in an accident, you may be facing medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses or losses. You can recover compensation for injury-related economic losses, including:
- Medical and hospital bills, including prescriptions
- Physical therapy
- Damaged and lost property
- Lost wages and benefits
- Diminished earning capacity
You are also entitled to compensation for any noneconomic losses, which may include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of consortium
Wrongful Death Damages
If you lost a loved one in an accident with a moving van, we can help your family with a wrongful death claim in this difficult time. Your family could recover compensation for funeral and burial costs, lost wages from the deceased, medical bills, and other losses.
What Is Florida’s Statute of Limitations?
Florida’s statute of limitations for West Palm Beach personal injury lawsuits is in Florida Statutes § 95.11. You must file your lawsuit within four years of the date of the accident. If you miss the deadline, then you may be unable to recover compensation.
Our team will manage your paperwork and file your claims and lawsuits on time, so you do not lose your right to get compensation for your losses.
Injuries in a Moving Van Accident
A collision involving a moving van can cause significant injuries, especially for those in smaller passenger vehicles. Some people may suffer injuries, including:
- Broken bones
- Strains and sprains
- Neck and back injuries
- Traumatic brain injury, including concussion
- Spinal cord injury
You are entitled to pursue compensation for injury-related losses, including for medical treatment and wage losses during recovery. If your injuries prevent you from working again or force you to take a lower-paying job, you may pursue compensation for the diminished earning capacity.
A West Palm Beach Lawyer Will Help
Take charge by talking to a West Palm Beach moving van accident attorney. At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we will assess your case for free. You don’t have to pay any upfront costs. And you only pay attorney fees if you recover compensation. We don’t get paid unless you do.
You can rest easy knowing an advocate is on your side, helping you fight for the financial compensation you deserve. We will even give you your attorney’s cell phone number and we’ll provide frequent case updates, allowing you to stay in touch about your case
We Can Help.