Accidents with 18-wheelers can cause devastating results. Unfortunately, many people involved in truck accidents are confused about their rights. If you or someone you love has been injured in such an accident, contact a West Palm Beach 18-wheeler truck accident lawyer for help.
A West Palm Beach 18-wheeler truck accident lawyer at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help pursue a claim against the person or entity responsible for the truck accident. Our team can help you fight for damages to cover your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. We provide free consultations.
We Don’t Get Paid Unless You Do
We only recover attorney fees if you get compensation for your injuries. If you do not recover compensation in a settlement or judgment, then you do not pay attorney fees. We do not charge upfront costs to hire our personal injury lawyers.
For a free legal consultation with a 18-wheeler truck accidents lawyer serving West Palm Beach, 800-747-3733
How Our 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyers Can Help You
If you’ve suffered severe injuries in an 18-wheeler accident, your life may have gone entirely upside-down. You’re injured, have to spend time off work recovering, and may be dealing with considerable pain and suffering.
Our truck accident attorneys can pursue adequate compensation after an 18-wheeler accident. With a lawyer from our firm by your side, you’ll get responsive legal care from the beginning until the end of the case.
- Our team will file your claims and paperwork
- We communicate with insurance companies and truck carriers on your behalf
- We provide frequent case updates about your case
- Our team will return your calls and emails and answer all your questions
- You’ll receive your lawyer’s phone number, so you’re connected to your legal team
- We help you meet deadlines
- Your lawyer negotiates a fair settlement for your losses
- We can represent you at trial if needed
We can even work with expert witnesses, retrieve documents and accident reports, send the truck carrier a letter of spoliation to preserve evidence in its control, and more. Our team works to build your case and prove the defendant’s liability for your injuries and losses.
West Palm Beach18-Wheeler Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Recovering Damages in an 18-Wheeler Accident Case
You can fight for compensation to cover your economic and noneconomic damages, which may include:
- Medical bills to treat your injuries
- Ongoing medical care or treatment
- Physical therapy
- Lost wages and benefits
- Reduced earning capacity
- Permanent injury
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
If you lost a loved one, you may be able to pursue a wrongful death claim to recover funeral and burial costs, medical bills, the deceased lost wages, and other losses.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Types of 18-Wheeler Truck Accidents
There are many different types of 18-wheeler truck accidents:
- Jackknife accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Underride accidents
- Wide-turn accident
- Head-on collision
- Rear-end collision
West Palm Beach 18-Wheeler Truck AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Causes of 18-Wheeler Truck Accidents
Proving what caused your 18-wheeler accident is crucial to your claim. Our lawyers will build your case to demonstrate how the accident happened and who caused it. Some of the causes of truck accidents are listed below.
Most truck drivers have to adhere to strict time schedules to meet their deadlines. Some drivers exceed the speed limits and drive recklessly to meet deadlines. Some drivers even partake in drug or alcohol use behind the wheel.
Truck Driver Fatigue
Drivers who fail to follow hours of service rules might become fatigued behind the wheel, which puts everybody at risk of a serious accident.
Driving Under the Influence of Drugs or Alcohol (DUI/DWI)
Alcohol impairs vision and reaction time, which can cause a truck driver to fail to notice a vehicle in front of them. They also may be unable to stop their car in time to avoid an accident if they’re impaired by alcohol or drugs.
The trucks themselves might be poorly maintained, or they might have been manufactured with a dangerous defect. A manufacturer or auto repair company may be liable in such cases.
Reasons Why 18-Wheeler Trucks Are Dangerous
Here are some of the top reasons why 18-wheeler truck accidents are so dangerous:
- They carry heavy loads. 18-wheelers can carry loads that are far heavier than regular vehicles. This means that the damage and injuries will be much more severe when an accident happens.
- They’re the most oversized vehicles on the road. The truck is much larger and heavier than the smaller vehicle. If they collide, the smaller vehicle will often sustain severe damages and injuries because of its small size compared to the truck.
- They need much time and space to maneuver. 18-wheeler trucks need much more time and space to stop than other vehicles on the road. A truck driver who follows other vehicles too closely may rear-end smaller passenger vehicles, causing serious accidents.
- They have substantial blind spots. An 18-wheeler truck has enormous blind spots that block a driver’s view from seeing other vehicles around them, particularly in their side mirrors. Truck drivers should be mindful to check blind spots when changing lanes.
Contact The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for Legal Guidance
If you were hurt in an 18-wheeler accident in West Palm Beach, you don’t have to fight the trucking company and its insurance company alone. You can get help from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine. Our team will review your case, identify all liable parties, and help you fight for compensation for your losses.
We’ll review your case for free and provide you with responsive legal care. Call us today for a free case evaluation.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW