You might be eligible for compensation if you or a loved one suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident. A Valrico motorcycle accident lawyer from our firm can help you identify recoverable damages after your accident.
You should not have to handle your accident case alone while recovering from your injuries. A lawyer from our firm may be able to negotiate a fair payout or sue the negligent party for a court verdict. During a free consultation, our team can tell you more about what we can do for you.
What Our Valrico Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Can Do for You
The attorneys at our law firm handle personal injury accident claims like yours regularly. Many of these cases involve motorcycle crash victims who can’t claim their damages through insurance.
Our personal injury lawyers can provide legal advice and help you determine your options for recovering compensation following a motorcycle accident in Valrico.
In addition to representing you with no upfront costs, our attorneys could:
Schedule Your Appointments
Our lawyers can help ensure your injuries are cared for by scheduling doctor appointments. We’ll also make sure that you’re receiving adequate treatment.
We can file motions on your behalf so that you receive the best possible outcome in your case. For example, if an insurance company refuses to compensate you for your injuries, we can ask a judge to order them to pay up.
Our attorneys can attempt to get you more money if you’ve been offered less than what you deserve. We can even negotiate settlements directly with insurance companies.
Answer Your Questions
We understand it can be challenging to understand legal terms and procedures. Our team is available to provide legal advice and answer questions. In addition, you will have your attorney’s direct cell phone number, so you have access to them when you need them.
Update You About Case Progress
You should not have to wait days for a response to the status of your case. Our team will keep you updated about any progress or changes while we handle your case.
Help You Meet Filing Deadlines
According to Florida Statutes §95.11, you have four years to file a personal injury lawsuit and two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit. Our lawyers can help you keep track of these deadlines.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Valrico, 800-747-3733
What Damages Can You Recover After a Motorcycle Accident in Valrico?
A personal injury lawyer from our firm will attempt to negotiate a settlement with the other party’s insurance provider. Your lawyer may even be able to sue the other party directly.
That means you can potentially recover several types of damages for your accident claim, including:
You should not have to handle medical expenses on your own after an accident another party caused. Our team can help you recover damages that will cover the cost of your medical bills and other related expenses, such as rehabilitative services.
Your accident may have caused you to sustain injuries that resulted in your need for assistive devices. Your lawyer can fight to help you receive the compensation necessary to pay for these accommodations.
Your bike could need repair or replacement after your motorcycle crash. In this case, a lawyer from our team can help you recover compensation to pay for lost or damaged property.
Some injuries might prevent you from working for a short time, or you might need to retire from work due to your accident injuries fully. Compensation can cover your lost income.
Pain and Suffering
Motorcycle accident victims can receive compensation for the pain and suffering their injuries caused. This includes physical pain, emotional distress, and mental anguish.
Damages for Loss of Consortium
A married person could sue another person for loss of consortium if that person’s negligence caused harm to their spouse. The term “loss of consortium” refers to the loss of love and companionship between spouses.
It includes sexual relations, household duties, and emotional support. If a husband loses his wife because of someone else’s negligent actions, he can sue that person for loss of consortium.
Your accident may have resulted in mental suffering and other intangible damages. An attorney from our firm can help you identify these intangible damages and may be able to help you receive fair compensation.
ValricoMotorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Wrongful Death Compensation
Sometimes, a person who dies due to another’s negligence can bring a claim against the negligent party. If your loved one was killed due to a careless driver, then you may be entitled to compensation.
Your lawyer might be able to help you recover wrongful death damages if your loved one was involved in a fatal crash. These may include:
- Your loved one’s medical expenses before passing: A wrongful death lawsuit can allow you to collect money to compensate for the medical costs your family incurred before dying.
- Funeral and burial costs: Funerals and burials are expensive events, especially when they involve a deceased loved one. A wrongful death suit can help you recover those costs.
- Loss of earnings: If your loved one had been employed at the time of their death, you may be eligible to receive compensation for the wages your family member would have earned during their life.
- Loss of future earning capacity: You may be able to receive compensation for the financial losses your loved one will incur in the future due to their injury-related inability to work.
- Your loved one’s pain and suffering before passing: A wrongful death suit can help you obtain compensation for the pain and discomfort your loved one experienced before passing away.
- Your family’s mental and emotional suffering: Your loved one’s death may cause you to suffer emotionally and mentally. A wrongful death lawsuit can help you obtain compensation to make up for this suffering.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
What Is Your Valrico Motorcycle Accident Case Worth?
The experienced lawyers from our firm can help you calculate what your case may be worth. Your lawyer can assign a monetary value to your intangible damages and then estimate the overall value of your case.
Our team understands how to communicate with insurance companies to help you receive fair compensation. They may also be able to prevent your case from being devalued.
If the other party refutes your case, your attorney can refer them to any evidence you might have gathered after your accident. Some examples of useful evidence include:
- Photos of your injuries: Photos taken immediately following your motorcycle accident can provide valuable information about your injuries.
- Video footage of the accident: Video footage of the scene can show the extent of your injuries.
- Medical records: Medical records can prove that you were injured in an accident.
- Witness statements: Witnesses who saw the accident can testify about it.
- Police reports: Police reports can document the details of your accident.
- Eyewitness accounts: Eyewitnesses can describe the circumstances surrounding your accident.
Any other evidence you have can help your lawyer seek justice on your behalf.
Valrico Motorcycle AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Other Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Besides motorcycle accidents, we handle personal injury claims involving:
- Automobile accidents: Our attorneys are experienced in handling automobile accident cases. They know how to properly investigate an auto accident so that they can prove liability and determine the extent of your injuries.
- Pedestrian accidents: When a pedestrian is injured by a vehicle, it’s often difficult to determine whether the driver was negligent. Our attorneys will use all available evidence to prove the driver’s fault.
- Slip-and-fall accidents: If you slip and fall due to another person’s negligence, you could be eligible for compensation. Our attorneys can help you understand your rights and pursue a claim.
- Dog bites: Dog attacks are common in Florida. If a dog bites you, you could be eligible to file a lawsuit. Our attorneys can help evaluate your case and advise you about filing a claim.
- Workplace accidents: If you suffer an injury while working, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. Our attorneys can help ensure you get these benefits.
- Drunk driving accidents: Drunk drivers cause many accidents every year. If you’re hurt due to a drunk driver’s actions, you could be eligible under Florida law to recover damages.
- Trucking accidents: Trucking accidents are common in Florida. Our truck accident attorneys can help you understand the laws surrounding this type of accident and assist you in pursuing a claim.
- Bicycle accidents: Bicycle accidents are also common in Florida. If someone hits you from behind while riding a bicycle, you could be eligible if you suffered injuries. Our attorneys can help assess your situation and advise you about filing suit.
Our attorneys also represent people injured by:
- Defective products: Products such as cars, appliances, toys, etc., can fail unexpectedly. If you’ve been injured because of a defective product, our lawyers can help you obtain compensation.
- Dangerous drugs: Dangerous drugs, like prescription medications and opioids, can cause severe side effects when used incorrectly. If dangerous drugs have harmed you, our lawyers can help.
- Medical malpractice: Medical professionals sometimes make mistakes during treatment. If you’ve been seriously injured by a doctor’s mistake, our lawyers can help determine what happened and hold the responsible party accountable.
- Unsafe workplaces: Workers who are injured on the job deserve fair compensation. Our attorneys can investigate workplace safety violations and help you seek justice.
What To Do After a Motorcycle Accident
You might have sustained serious injuries if you were involved in a motorcycle accident. While gathering evidence is useful, attending to your injuries is more important. A lawyer can gather evidence for you if you aren’t able to gather any evidence at the scene of the accident. After a motorcycle accident, you should:
- Call the police or fire rescue.
- Avoid speaking to insurers.
- Stay off social media.
In addition to those listed above, there are several steps you can take to protect your legal rights and ensure that you receive compensation for your losses. Here are tips to help you navigate the process:
Obtain Medical Treatment
The first thing you should do after being involved in a motorcycle accident is to seek medical attention. You need to see a physician or other health care provider immediately so that they can examine you and diagnose any injuries. This initial examination is important because it helps identify the extent of your injuries and determines whether they require further medical treatment.
File Your Claim With the Insurance Company
After receiving medical treatment, you’ll want to contact your insurance company to report the incident. Be sure to provide all relevant information regarding your accident, including the names and phone numbers of witnesses, the location where the accident occurred, and the name of anyone else involved.
Contact Your Attorney
The next thing you need to do is call your lawyer. Even though you’ve just received medical treatment, you must give them notice to prepare a strong case. As we stated above, if a negligent party caused your accident, you have four years to file a lawsuit against the liable party, according to Florida’s statute of limitations.
If you hire a lawyer, you should look for one with experience handling motorcycle accidents. A good attorney will know how to evaluate your claim and negotiate with the insurance company to get you the best settlement possible.
Obtain Proof of Insurance
Next, you need to collect evidence regarding the identity of the party responsible for causing the accident. This includes collecting copies of the vehicle’s registration, insurance card, driver’s license, proof of ownership, etc. Make sure to keep these documents safe and secure.
File a Police Report
Once you’ve collected all the necessary documentation, you must complete a police report. Be sure to include the following information:
- The name of the person or company that caused the accident
- Date, time, location, and circumstances of the crash
- Names of any witnesses
Collect Evidence At the Scene
After filling out a police report, returning to the accident scene is important. Take pictures, document damage, and gather other relevant information. You should also take note of the names and contact details of any witnesses.
Document All Damages
After the accident, you should document all damages. This includes documenting the extent of your injuries, property damage, lost wages, and medical bills. Keep track of everything so that you can provide this information at trial.
Get Expert Witness Testimony
To prove liability in court, you will need expert witness testimony. An expert witness is someone with specialized knowledge about the subject matter of the lawsuit. For example, an expert may be able to testify about how fast a car was traveling before hitting you, whether the brakes were working properly, etc.
If you are injured in a motorcycle collision, you must speak to an experienced personal injury lawyer immediately.
Our Lawyers Work on a Contingency-Fee-Basis
Our Valrico motorcycle accident attorneys work for clients on a contingency-fee-basis. This means our clients don’t have to pay their attorney upfront or ongoing fees and will only pay their attorney if they recover compensation.
This means we only collect legal fees after we win your case. You’ll only owe us something once we secure money from the at-fault party for you.
Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine For A Free Consultation
The attorneys at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will fight for financial compensation for you or your injured loved one. You should not have to handle the legal aspects of your accident case on your own. A lawyer from our firm will review your options with you.
Our firm will analyze your case with you in a free initial consultation with a team member. We’ll also provide suggestions on how to proceed with your case. Contact us today so we can get started putting our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW