Were you or someone you love injured in a motorcycle accident in Town’ n’ Country? If another driver’s negligence caused the accident, we could help. The at-fault driver and their insurance provider should be held responsible for your post-accident expenses and financial losses. Our Town’ n’ Country personal injury law firm can help you fight to recover them.
A Town ‘n’ Country motorcycle accident lawyer from our team can help you build a case for financial compensation. We start with a free legal consultation, work hard to identify the at-fault party, and hold them responsible for their actions. When you are ready to recover financial compensation, our client-focused personal injury lawyers are ready to help.
An At-Fault Driver’s Negligence Can Lead to Potential Compensation
The law requires proof of their negligence to pursue an at-fault driver for compensation.
Negligence has the following four legal components:
- Duty of care: The at-fault driver’s responsibility to protect you from harm
- Breach of duty: The at-fault driver’s breach of their duty to provide care
- Causation: The at-fault driver’s actions caused your injuries
- Damages: Your injuries have financial consequences
Proving the cause of your accident is the first step to recovering damages. According to the Insurance Information Institute (III), frequent contributing causes of motorcycle accidents include drunk driving, aggressive driving, and speeding, which are negligence-based behaviors.
Let Us Build Your Evidence File
Most personal injury claims are settled out of court when the evidence indicates negligence. To ensure your personal injury lawsuit is comprehensive, your Town’ n’ Country motorcycle accident attorney will include:
- Your accident report, which contains details, notes, causes, and contributing factors.
- Medical records and bills that detail your injuries, their causes, and ongoing costs for medical care.
- Photos and videos of the accident scene and your injuries.
- Statements from accident witnesses, expert witnesses, medical professionals, other personal injury victims, and consultants.
Our aggressive lawyers will do much more than collect evidence. They will compile it into a well-organized file and submit it to the at-fault party and their insurer. They will also use its contents to steer settlement negotiations in your favor. In addition, we will work with you to obtain all available compensation for your injuries.
We are committed to helping our clients get back on track after an accident. We have extensive experience handling personal injury cases involving car accidents, trucking accidents, motorcycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, construction site accidents, slip and fall accidents, dog bites, defective products, medical malpractice, wrongful death, and other severe injuries.
Recoverable Damages After a Motorcycle Accident
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident caused by another motorist, it is important to seek legal counsel immediately after the incident. The sooner you contact a lawyer, the better your chances of receiving compensation for any injuries sustained.
Our motorcycle accident lawyer serving injured riders in Town’ n’ Country, FL, can help you seek two types of damages:
Recoverable Economic Damages
Economic damages are those that we can easily document with receipts and bills. They include:
- Ongoing medical bills, including emergency room, hospitalization, therapy, and rehabilitation costs.
- The ongoing loss of wages from all sources of income when your injuries prevent you from returning to work, or you need to miss work.
- Treatment-related travel costs for all follow-up care and the costs of assistive medical devices.
- Property damage or loss for the damage to your motorcycle or its diminished value.
Your legal representation will collect your records, receipts, and estimates to prove damage value. Your Town ‘n’ Country motorcycle wreck lawyer will ensure they do not overlook or omit valid losses when valuing your case.
Recoverable Non-Economic Damages
Non-economic damages are intangible and can be more difficult to substantiate on your own. They can be supported with documentation but not with straightforward receipts and bills.
Your Town ‘n’ Country personal injury attorney will explain how your written prognosis and other documents can establish the value of your non-economic damages, which may include:
- Physical disabilities, impairments, and limitations, including living and coping with possibly disfiguring injuries.
- Ongoing physical pain and suffering for the physical discomfort of your injuries and the challenges of the recovery process.
- Mental and emotional trauma and distress, including the post-traumatic effects of the collision and their impact on your life, including loss of consortium and diminished quality of life.
A motorcycle accident can cause long-term or even permanent changes to your life. Your Town ‘n’ Country motorcycle accident lawyer will seek appropriate compensation for them on your behalf.
Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Injury severity varies widely depending on the type of accident. Some injuries are minor and require only first aid; others can be serious and require immediate attention. If you or someone close to you was involved in a motorcycle accident, call us immediately so we can begin investigating the circumstances surrounding your crash.
The following are some examples of common injuries resulting from motorcycle accidents:
Head injury: Head injuries can result in bleeding inside the skull, swelling around the brain, or bruising. These injuries can lead to headaches, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, confusion, memory problems, seizures, coma, and death.
Spine injury: Spinal cord injuries can occur if the spine is broken or damaged. This can result in paralysis, numbness, tingling, weakness, and difficulty walking.
Chest Injury: A chest injury can range from mild bruising to severe internal organ damage. It can also involve rib fractures, lung contusions, collapsed lungs, and lacerations.
Road rash: Road rash is an abrasive skin condition that occurs after being hit by a vehicle. The road rash can develop into deep cuts, bruises, and scrapes.
Fractures: Fractures can occur due to a fall or impact with another motor vehicle accident. They can be caused by direct or indirect force, such as whiplash.
Leg injury: A leg injury can range from bruises and sprains to broken bones and amputation.
Shoulder injury: A shoulder injury can range from mild strains to complete dislocation.
Facial injury: A facial injury can range from minor cuts and scrapes to broken jaws and teeth.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident involving another vehicle, truck, or commercial motor vehicle, please contact our office as soon as possible. We will work hard to help you obtain full compensation for your losses.
Your Potential Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit Has a Filing Deadline
Your Town ‘n’ Country motorcycle accident attorney will aim to settle your lawsuit out of court. If that is not possible, we will file a lawsuit on your behalf to ensure you can keep fighting for maximum compensation.
State law limits your right to file your lawsuit within a certain timeline. Specifically:
- The personal injury statute of limitations is generally four years, according to Florida Statute §95.11(3)(a). The statute begins running when the plaintiff knows or should know that they had been injured and that another’s negligence caused their injuries.
- The wrongful death statute of limitations is generally two years, according to Florida Statute §95.11(4)(d) and (e). The statute begins running when the cause of action accrues, which would be at the time of the motorcycle accident.
You may be unable to file your lawsuit if you do not file it within these time limits. If that happens, you will have no legal avenue to compel the responsible parties to compensate you. Our legal professionals will advise you of your legal options and ensure you do not run out of time.
Hire an Experienced Town ‘n’ Country With Years of Legal Experience
Our motorcycle accident lawyers have extensive experience representing clients involved in motorbike accidents.
We work hard to meet the needs of every personal injury client we represent and are committed to your financial recovery, and will fight as hard for you as we have for every client we have represented in the past.
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident, you need to know that the law is on your side and that it will be up to you to prove that another party was at fault for causing the collision. If you are unsure how to proceed with your accident claim, consider hiring a lawyer with nearly two decades of experience handling motorcycle accident lawsuits.
Suppose you or a loved one has been injured in an accident caused by the negligence of another. In that case, it is important to speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. The sooner you contact us, the more likely we can help you recover compensatory damages for your losses.
Get a Free Review of Your Motorcycle Accident Case
Are you struggling to get fair and appropriate compensation after an accident? A Town ‘n’ Country motorcycle accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help. We will take on the insurance company and fight for the compensation you are entitled to recover.
Our motorcycle accident lawyers have extensive experience representing clients who were involved in accidents on motorcycles. Contact one of our consultation team members to get your free case review today.
We Can Help.