If you suffered injuries from a construction accident in Titusville, Florida, a personal injury lawyer can help you pursue compensation for your losses. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can talk with you and evaluate your claim.
When you get hurt such that you have to take time away from work to recuperate, you might not have a paycheck coming in. You do not have to worry about coming up with upfront legal fees to talk with us. We handle these on a contingency fee basis, which means that you do not pay any legal fees to us until you get a settlement or judgment at the end of your case. You can call one of our construction accident lawyers in Titusville, FL at 1-800-747-3733 to get a free consultation.
What We Have to Prove for Liability in a Construction Accident in Titusville, FL
Because there are so many different parties and entities involved in construction projects, we might be able to sue more than one defendant. Also, we might be able to sue defendants for more than one legal ground that makes them responsible for your injuries.
Negligence is one of the more common reasons that defendants get sued in construction accidents. When we file a lawsuit against a person or company and say that their carelessness caused the accident that hurt you, we have to prove all four of these factors to establish liability:
- Duty of care. The defendant must have owed you a legal duty of care. For example, a scaffolding company owes a duty of care to people at a construction site to provide scaffolding that is safe to use as directed.
- Breach of the duty of care. It is negligence when a person or company fails to live up to its legal duty of care. For example, if the scaffolding company provided flawed scaffolding equipment that collapsed under ordinary usage, the company was negligent for failing to provide equipment that was safe to use as directed.
- The carelessness must be the thing that caused the accident. If you got hurt because of the scaffolding collapse, the negligence caused the accident.
- Quantifiable damages. Sustaining physical injuries from the scaffolding failure satisfies the fourth element because you have measurable damages from the negligence. The scaffolding company is negligent and legally liable for your losses.
Another legal ground that we can sometimes use to hold a defendant liable for your injuries is strict liability. In some situations, the law holds particular people, like the project owner or the construction company responsible when people get hurt, even if the defendant was not careless. The law created the concept of strict liability for situations that are inherently dangerous, which can include construction sites.
The manufacturer of the scaffolding might be liable for your injuries because the company provided a defective product that harmed someone. Product liability lawsuits seek to hold companies responsible if they make items that hurt people. The purpose of products liability lawsuit is to protect the public from dangerous goods.
Construction Accident Damages
If you got hurt in a construction accident in Titusville, Florida, you might be able to recoup these losses from the responsible party:
- Medical expenses, for the treatment of your injuries. These costs can include such things as the ambulance, emergency room, hospital, doctors, surgery, prescription drugs, and physical therapy.
- Lost wages, if you missed time from work without pay because of the accident and your recuperation time. This category includes people who get paid hourly wages, a salary, are self-employed, or who miss out on some other form of income because of the accident.
- Long-term care, if your injuries cause you to need daily assistance with medical treatments or personal care.
- Diminished earning capacity, if, because of your injuries, you cannot make as much money after the accident as you could before.
- Disability, if you are not able to work at all because of the injuries you sustained in the accident.
- Pain and suffering, for the physical discomfort and psychological distress you endured.
- Other non-economic losses, which can include things like loss of enjoyment of life, disfigurement, chronic emotional harm like PTSD, and your spouse’s claim for loss of consortium.
How Injuries Happen at Construction Sites
Falls are one of the most common causes of accidents at construction sites. Workers can fall from a higher level of the building or into an excavated area. Equipment can collapse, including such things as ladders, cranes, and scaffolding. Tools, construction materials, and other job site objects can fall onto workers or bystanders. Defective equipment can cause devastating injuries.
Who Can Get Sued for a Construction Accident
When we handle a construction accident, we investigate to find the cause of your injuries. Since there are so many things going on at a construction site, many times we discover that more than one person was careless, leading to the accident.
We cannot say who we can sue for your injuries before we talk with you and explore your case. The liable party or parties will depend on the unique facts of your situation. Here are some of the people who can be defendants in construction accident lawsuits:
- The general contractor
- The owner of the construction project
- Manufacturers of defective equipment
How We Prove Liability in Construction Accident Cases
The construction industry has a standard protocol that involves a great deal of paperwork, like project schedules, purchase orders, and supervisor fieldnotes. A construction accident lawyer in Titusville, FL can use these documents and other project papers, as well as eyewitness testimony and your medical records to show the court what happened in your case.
Getting Legal Help for Your Construction Accident in Titusville, FL
To get your free consultation, call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733 today. A construction accident lawyer in Titusville, FL can evaluate your claim and let you know if you might be eligible for compensation for your construction accident injury. We can take care of your injury claim so that you can save your energy for getting well. There is no obligation, and there are no upfront legal fees.
We Can Help.