Following a dog bite accident, you may not know what your next steps are or who to turn to for help. Your first step should be to seek medical attention. Once you have received treatment, contact a dog bite attorney to explore your legal options.
In many cases, the owner of the dog can be held legally liable for injuries caused by their dog. You may be able to recover the cost of medical care and non-economic damages such as pain or mental distress.
A dog bite lawyer in The Hammocks, FL from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help you pursue legal action after a dog bite incident. Contact our team at 1-800-747-3733 for a free case evaluation. You pay nothing unless we recover damages for you.
Liable Parties in a Dog Bite Accident Case
Florida dog bite laws outline who may be held liable in a dog bite accident case. In most cases, the dog owner is liable for dog bite injuries if one of the following statements applies:
- You were in a public place when the accident occurred
- You were lawfully on private property when the bite happened
- If the dog bite victim is under the age of 6
- The dog has a history of attacking or biting people
Depending upon the details of your case, other parties may be liable for your dog bite injuries. Other responsible parties might include:
- The parent or guardian of the dog owner, if they are under the age of 18.
- The caretaker of the dog, if they knew the dog was dangerous.
- A landlord who knew the dog had a history of attacks but failed to act.
- A property owner who allowed stray dogs to live on their property.
- The owner or employee of a dog walking service, dog boarding facility, or groomer.
A dog bite lawyer in The Hammocks, FL can determine who may be at fault for your dog bite accident. Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for a free case evaluation at 1-800-747-3733.
For a free legal consultation with a dog bite lawyer serving The Hammocks, 800-747-3733
How a Dog Bite Lawyer in The Hammocks, FL Can Help You
Your dog bite lawyer is prepared to assist you through this difficult time. We offer legal guidance and advice as well as support in other ways. Our team will handle all aspects of your dog bite case, including the following.
Gathering Evidence to Support Your Dog Bite Claim
Our first step is to gather evidence to begin building your case. Evidence in a dog bite case might include:
- Photographs of the location where the bite occurred
- Photographs of your injuries
- Past incident reports about the dog
- Vet records for the dog
- Medical records and reports from the victim
- Reports from eyewitnesses who were present when the bite occurred
- Expert witness testimony
We will use this evidence to hold the responsible party legally liable for your injuries and medical bills.
Explore all Liable Parties
In some cases, the liable party in a dog bite accident is not clear. We will investigate who was responsible for the dog at the time of your accident. If possible, we will pursue compensation from all responsible parties.
Pursue Compensation for Your Dog Bite Claim
After we have gathered evidence and determined who is liable, we will file a claim with the at-fault parties insurance company. In some cases, we can negotiate a settlement quickly.
Meet the Statute of Limitations in Dog Bite Cases
In the state of Florida, specific laws outline how long you have to pursue a personal injury case, including a dog bite case. Your lawyer will ensure your case meets the four-year statute of limitations.
Take Your Dog Bite Case to Court
If we are unable to settle with the insurance company, we may take your case to court. Our legal team will represent you to the judge and jury and fight for your right to recover damages.
If you sustained injuries in a dog bite accident, a dog bite lawyer in The Hammocks, FL can protect your rights. Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733 for a free case evaluation.
The HammocksDog Bite Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Most Common Recoverable Damages in Dog Bite Cases
The amount of damages you may recover will vary greatly depending upon the details of your case. For example, the liable party and the severity of your injuries can impact the settlement in your case.
Due to the variety of factors that can affect settlements, there is no way to estimate how much you may recover in your dog bite accident case. However, the most common types of damages recovered in a dog accident case include:
- Emergency medical care
- Hospitalization costs
- Bills for surgery and related care
- The cost of prescription drugs related to your injuries
- Bills pertaining to long term care or rehabilitation
- Loss of wages as a result of your injuries
- Property damage resulting from the attack
- The cost of therapy for mental distress
- Compensation for pain and suffering
A dog bite lawyer can evaluate your case and offer a more accurate assessment of your damages.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Contact a Dog Bite Lawyer in The Hammocks, FL Today
If a dog attacked you, you have the right to hold the person responsible for the dog legally liable. You should not have to pay for the negligent actions of another party.
Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today to learn more about your legal options. We offer all dog bite accident victims a free case evaluation. Call us at 1-800-747-3733.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW