You’re at Walmart when you slip on a newly waxed floor. You’re going down your apartment building’s stairs when you slip and fall on the wet steps. Maybe you’re just going about your business, you slip and fall – and you have no idea why.
Situations just like these make you eligible to pursue compensation for your losses. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine has recovered millions for injured claimants throughout Florida. Today, our Tavares slip and fall accident lawyer can start building your case. We encourage you to start your free case review now.
It Costs You Nothing to Hire a Lawyer from Our Florida Law Firm
Since 2006, the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine has served injured claimants on a contingency-fee basis. When you partner with us, you don’t pay anything up front, out of pocket, or hourly.
This means you can secure a lawyer’s help as soon as possible. You don’t have to worry about your personal finances. We can get started on your case today. If we succeed, a portion of your settlement pays our attorney’s fees.
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall accidents lawyer serving Tavares, 800-747-3733
Prompt Legal Action Benefits Your Situation
Each slip and fall case comes with a filing deadline. How long you have to file your lawsuit depends on:
- Whether you personally suffered harm. In this instance, you generally have four years to file your lawsuit, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a).
- Whether you lost a loved one. Here, you generally have two years to file your lawsuit, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d).
Filing your case on time is critical. By missing the deadline, even by a few hours, you could lose the chance to seek compensation for your hardships. When you entrust your case to our slip and fall accident lawyers serving Tavares, we will abide by each of your case’s deadlines. However, we must first learn about your situation before we take legal action.
TavaresSlip and Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
We Will Do Everything Possible to Recover These Damages
Some compensable losses in your case may include:
- The cost of your treatment expenses, including hospitalization, physician’s visits, rehabilitation, and prescription drugs
- Lost wages arising from your inability to work during your recovery period
- Loss of future earnings if the accident prevents you from performing your employment duties
- Pain and suffering
- Disability, scarring, and disfigurement
- Emotional anguish
Your losses depend on many aspects of your situation, including your condition’s severity, missed time from work, and mental health.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Steps to Take After a Slip and Fall Accident in Lake County, Florida
Here are some considerations after getting hurt in a slip and fall accident:
- Seek medical attention. This may involve visiting an urgent care center or a hospital. You should also follow everything involved in your treatment plan, such as taking medications or undergoing surgery.
- Document the accident scene while it is still “fresh”. This includes taking photos of the accident scene, your injuries, and any hazards.
- Let your lawyer handle all negotiations. The insurance company may contact you personally to reach a settlement agreement. It may offer you less than you deserve or pressure you into accepting a low settlement. When you let your lawyer handle all insurance-related matters, you give yourself the opportunity to seek the best possible outcome.
- Refrain from sharing information online. The only people that need to know about your case are you, the involved parties, and your lawyer. People on social media, including “friends of friends,” do not need to know about your situation. For all you know, they could see your posts and share them with the claims adjuster, who can, in turn, contest your claim.
Tavares Slip and Fall AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Things to Know About Your Legal Options in Florida
We want you to understand everything about your legal options moving forward, such as:
You Need to Prove Your Case to Recover Compensation
As the injured party, the burden of proof is on you. That means, to recover damages, you must “prove” your case. This mainly involves showing that because a property owner did not maintain their property, you suffered harm.
Using evidence, your slip and fall lawyer will show:
- The property owner had an obligation to keep their premises safe.
- The property owner failed in this obligation by allowing an unsafe condition to exist.
- You suffered harm on the premises.
- You have incurred injuries along with various financial losses.
You Can Seek Damages Even If You Contributed to Your Accident
Florida is a no-fault state. That applies to all personal injury cases – including slips and falls. So, even if you contributed to your accident, you can still seek damages.
For instance, suppose you slipped and fell at a neighbor’s house, but you weren’t wearing shoes. Here, the at-fault party could argue that because you weren’t wearing shoes, you contributed to the incident. However, this would not prevent you from filing an insurance claim or a lawsuit.
You Have the Opportunity to Partner with a Lawyer
The other party may say that you can’t partner with a lawyer – or otherwise discourage you from taking legal action. Yet, you have the right to seek representation. When you partner with our lawyer, we can:
- Investigate your case
- Interview witnesses
- Identify the hazard that harmed you
- Consult with field experts, such as healthcare professionals
- Calculate your losses
- Prove negligence
- Advocate for what you need
- File your claim/lawsuit
Each case is different. So, we render different services for each case. As such, we may serve you in other ways not listed here.
Begin Your Free Case Review with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine
Right now, our slip and fall team serving Tavares is ready to start building your case. During your free case review, you can explore your case’s value, your legal options, and what you should do next.
To discuss your case with our team, dial 1-800-747-3733. There is no obligation to partner with us; just a chance to have your story heard.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW