Have you or a loved one been injured in a motorcycle accident in Tavares, FL? If so, you could be entitled to receive compensation from the liable party. Due to a lack of safety equipment on motorcycles, these types of accidents can cause significant injuries and a high fatality rate.
It is important to know your rights and what your options are in regard to filing a claim after a motorcycle accident. A Tavares motorcycle accident lawyer at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can assist while you focus on recovering from the accident.
Who Is Liable in a Florida Motorcycle Accident?
According to Florida Statutes § 316.209, motorcycles are entitled to the full use of the lane and shall be driven in such a manner. Other vehicles on the road must adhere to these laws. If not, they can be liable for the damages caused.
What If a Negligent Driver Caused the Accident?
The motorcyclist could recover compensation if the other driver’s negligence can be proven. Examples of negligence in a motorcycle accident include:
- Cutting off motorcycles or other cars
- Attempting to share the lane with a motorcycle
- Not using turn signals
- Driving while impaired or intoxicated
- Distracted driving
What If the Parties in the Accident Share Fault?
In many cases, the fault in a motorcycle accident can be shared. Comparative negligence rules can apply when both parties may be responsible for the collision. An attorney can help you gather evidence to determine what each party’s percentage of fault is. This can help determine the amount of compensation each party in the accident will receive.
Examples of shared fault in an accident include:
- Lane splitting
- Improper signal use
- Not wearing a helmet
In Florida, the law requires drivers to wear a helmet unless they are over the age of 21 and hold an insurance policy of at least $10,000 in medical benefits. If the driver sustains injuries due to not wearing a helmet, the other party can reduce the reward.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Tavares, 800-747-3733
What Are the Recoverable Damages I Could Be Entitled to After a Tavares, FL, Motorcycle Accident?
Motorcycle owners can seek compensation from the insurance company of the driver who was at fault. According to Florida Statutes § 768.81, claimants can receive economic and non-economic damages from a motorcycle accident. Economic damages include any monetary loss due to the accident. Non-economic damages include any subjective losses that cannot be quantified.
Examples of Economic Damages Include:
- Current and future medical bills: This includes expenses for the ambulance ride, hospital stay, current and future doctor’s appointments, occupational therapy, physical therapy, and any prescription medication you may need. You can also receive compensation for any mental health therapies.
- Lost wages: Any wages you lost during your recovery from the accident. This also includes any lost earning capacity if you are unable to return to work due to injuries sustained during the accident.
- Motorcycle repair or replacement costs: Keep receipts of any bills related to the repair or replacement of the motorcycle.
Examples of Non-Economic Damages Include:
- Pain and suffering: This refers to any mental and/or physical pain you suffered during and after the accident.
- Emotional distress: After an accident, you could suffer from depression, anxiety, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), among other mental health conditions.
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we have experience in handling motorcycle accident cases and can help you pursue compensation for any economic or non-economic losses.
TavaresMotorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
You Have Only a Limited Time to Seek Legal Action
Florida requires any personal injury claims to be filed within four years of the accident, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a). If your loved one died in a Tavares, FL motorcycle accident, a wrongful death action must be filed within two years from the deceased person’s death date (Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d)).
Our Tavares motorcycle accident lawyer at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can walk you through the timeline of your case and ensure you meet any deadlines to receive your compensation.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
What Are the Benefits of Working with a Tavares Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
Motorcycle accident cases can look different from a typical car accident case. Therefore, it is helpful to find an attorney who has handled cases in this area. A motorcycle accident attorney can:
- Explain the process of filing a claim.
- Help determine who is at fault or liable for the accident.
- Manage communications with insurance companies, legal representatives, or motorcycle repair shops.
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, We Can Manage Your Entire Motorcycle Accident Case
Our clients receive responsive legal care from us. We help them gather accident-related evidence, document their losses, handle administrative duties, and negotiate a fair settlement. Other benefits of working with us include:
- Free case evaluations: You can get started on your claim with a no-cost consultation to get any questions answered about your potential case. During the free initial consultation, you will learn about your next steps with no obligation to proceed.
- We deal with the insurance company: Our attorneys will take care of all matters with the insurance company.
- We can help to get your motorcycle fixed: Our attorneys can assist with scheduling an appointment to get your motorcycle fixed. We can serve as the liaison between the insurance company and the motorcycle repair shop.
- We will give your attorney’s cell phone number: To ensure you can reach your attorney, we will provide you with their cell phone number. Your attorney will get back to you in a timely manner. They will answer your questions and provide case updates regularly.
After a motorcycle accident, it is important to focus on your recovery and let us take care of the rest. To learn more about how the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can represent you, please visit our homepage.
Tavares Motorcycle AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Get a Free Consultation Today to Discuss Your Tavares, FL, Motorcycle Accident case
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, it can be helpful to discuss your case with a legal professional. A motorcycle accident lawyer can provide insight into the next steps to take with your case. To learn more about how we can assist you, see what our past clients had to say.
Call today for a free consultation at 1-800-747-3733. One of our team members is ready to speak with you and learn more about your potential case.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW