If you were injured in a car accident, you may be facing extensive medical bills and lost wages. Pursuing an insurance claim often feels intimidating, and any errors can jeopardize your ability to receive fair compensation.
At The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we help protect our clients’ rights. Our team of Sebastian car accident lawyers attorneys works tirelessly to pursue what our clients deserve for their trauma, injuries, and other losses. We want to do the same for you. Our team can fight for fair compensation that can help you get the treatment you need.
You May Recover a Variety of Awards for your Sebastian Car Accident
Car accident injuries can be severe, requiring multiple medical procedures and a long road to recovery. During this time, you may not be able to work, either. You deserve fair compensation for these financial losses.
Additionally, a personal injury lawsuit allows you to seek awards for non-economic losses, like pain and suffering. We make sure to consider both your current and future losses so we can determine what fair compensation looks like in your case. We do not want you to accept an offer that leaves you footing the bills later on.
When we take on your case, we can seek damages for:
- Your current medical bills, such as for diagnostic testing, emergency room care, and surgeries
- Ongoing medical care, including in-home aid and physical therapy
- Lost wages, including bonuses, benefits, and paid vacation time
- Reduced earning capacity if you cannot return to work
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of quality of life
Wrongful Death Damages
If you lost a loved one in a car accident, we can help by filing a wrongful death claim or lawsuit. Your family may recover your loved one’s:
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Funeral and burial expenses
You may also recover any lost wages if you had to miss work to tend to your loved one before their passing.
While you focus on grieving and honoring the memory of your loved one, our legal team can seek fair compensation for your family. A settlement or verdict may help you cope in their absence.
Negligence May Have Caused or Contributed to Your Accident
In 2019, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) said there were nearly 7 million automobile accidents in the U.S. The most common types of vehicle collisions are front impact collisions, followed by rear impact.
Some accidents occur due to negligent driving, including:
- Disregarding a stop sign, stoplight, or other traffic signals
- Driver inattention and/or distracted driving
- Failure to adhere to posted speed limits
- Bad weather and/or limited visibility
- Intoxicated drivers
If you were injured in a car accident that was caused by any of the scenarios described above, you can seek compensation for your injuries.
Determining causation and fault is critically important following any car accident. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can gather evidence to prove that the other motorist was at fault. Potential compensation may cover any of your medical and health costs, in addition to any other related expenses.
Florida’s Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents
A statute of limitations is a legal deadline to file a lawsuit, and they vary based on the type of lawsuit you file. Failing to file your lawsuit before the deadline expires risks the opportunity to pursue compensation through the courts.
Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a) generally requires victims to file within four years of the date of their accidents. There are only a handful of exceptions to this deadline.
You should begin your lawsuit as soon as possible. Four years may seem like enough time, but it will pass quickly, especially if you are recovering from injuries. If you hire an attorney early on, they can build your case while you recover. With sufficient time, your attorney can gather the evidence necessary to hold a liable driver responsible.
How Our Sebastian Car Accident Attorneys Can Help You
Florida’s no-fault insurance laws make claims challenging. Our lawyers are familiar with these laws and can manage all of the legal aspects of your case so you can focus on healing from your car accident.
- Review the car accident with you in detail and determine the viability of your legal claim
- Review police reports and medical records
- Decide what legal options you have and tailor a strategy to suit your situation
- Answer all of the questions and address concerns you may have regarding your specific case and the legal process
- Thoroughly investigate your car accident and secure the evidence needed to show fault and damages
- Contact experts, such as accident reconstructionists, doctors, and financial specialists to substantiate your claim
- Process a claim for compensation by evaluating your current medical bills, anticipated future expenses, and overall loss of income
- Work to develop estimates of any future needs and living expenses you might incur
- Handle all the negotiations with the insurance company
- Pursue a trial if the other side is unwilling to settle
Filing insurance claims can be a complex process, and doing so while injured can make the process even more difficult. Plus, there is always the possibility that the insurance company will deny or undervalue your claim.
We have an accomplished track record with car accident claims. Our steadfast commitment to the needs of each of our clients reflects in their testimonials. We will keep your best interests top of mind as we make a case for the compensation you deserve.
Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today
Call us today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation and evaluation regarding your car accident. There is no fee unless we win your case.
We serve Sebastian, FL, and its surrounding areas.
We Can Help.