If you or someone you love has been injured in a car accident in Sanford, FL, you have the right to a personal injury lawsuit to recover compensation. Our team can help you pursue the compensation you deserve. Contact a Sanford car accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation and case review.
Car Insurance Laws in Florida
Florida is a no-fault automobile insurance state. This means that if you have been injured in a car accident, your own insurance company is initially responsible for your medical costs and other expenses. However, if you also had property damage, you can make a claim against the at-fault driver’s insurance.
Every driver in Florida must have a minimum of $10,000 of personal injury protection (PIP) and at least $10,000 of property damage liability insurance. PIP insurance covers you, your family members, and anyone riding in your car without PIP insurance coverage in the event of an accident. PIP insurance is also applicable if you are a pedestrian that is hit by a car, a bicyclist that is injured by a car, or a child that is injured on a school bus.
Automobile Accident Settlements
There is no exact way to calculate how much compensation you can receive in a car accident case because the circumstances surrounding each case are unique. Many factors are considered when calculating the amount of compensation to request, including:
- How badly you were injured;
- Your medical expenses;
- Your current and future lost wages if the injuries prevent you from returning to work; and
- How much and what kind of evidence you have to support your claim.
A car accident lawyer in Sanford, FL, can help you gather the evidence you will need to build a strong case that supports your claim for compensation.
You May Also Have a Claim If You Were Injured as a Passenger
If you were injured as a passenger in a vehicle, you have the right to pursue compensation from the at-fault party regardless of if they are the driver of another vehicle or the driver of the vehicle you were riding in at the time of the accident.
Find Out If You May Be Eligible for Compensation Today
The statute of limitations, or deadline, for filing a car accident claim is four years from the date of the accident. The sooner we begin working on your case, the easier it will be to collect the evidence we will need to demonstrate the liable party’s negligence and the extent of your damages. Get started by calling a Sanford car accident lawyer at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733 right away.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Sanford, 800-747-3733
Proving Liability for a Sanford, FL, Car Accident
To prevail in a no-fault personal injury claim, we must prove that:
- The at-fault party owed you a duty of care. All drivers owe a duty of care to other motorists, bicyclists, pedestrians, and passengers when they get behind the wheel.
- The at-fault party breached the duty of care, such as by ignoring traffic signals, driving while fatigued or otherwise impaired, or exceeding the speed limit.
- The at-fault party’s action, or inaction, caused your injuries.
- You were injured by the at-fault party’s action or inaction.
Liability in a Multi-Vehicle Accident
In a multi-vehicle accident in Florida, it may be difficult to figure out who is at fault. This is especially true when there is a pile-up or a chain collision involving several vehicles. A Sanford car accident lawyer can help collect the evidence you will need to demonstrate which vehicle caused the accident and hold that vehicle’s driver liable for your damages.
SanfordCar Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
How the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Can Help You
The personal injury lawyers at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine have experience handling all types of car accident claims. Our goal is to make sure that you receive the fairest compensation possible for your injuries, losses, and other expenses.
To that end, our team will:
- Handle communications to reduce the back-and-forth you would otherwise be exposed to, freeing up more of your time to spend with your family
- Manage paperwork to ensure all necessary documentation is filed correctly and within the appropriate deadlines
- Speak with the insurance companies on your behalf
- Gather the relevant evidence and organize it to best illustrate proof of liability
- Speak with medical professionals, police officers, and witnesses if there is missing documentation
- If necessary, recreate the scene of the accident and collect testimony from expert witnesses
- Negotiate a settlement with the insurance company or the other party’s attorney
- Represent you in court if your case proceeds to trial
If you have been injured in a car accident, we want to protect your right to pursue the compensation you deserve. Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733 to get started with a free consultation.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW