If you suffered injury in a slip and fall on another person’s property, you may be eligible to file a claim for injury compensation. If so, an Anidjar & Levine slip and fall lawyer in Palm Bay, FL may be able to help you file a claim. You could be entitled to compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
To find out more about how we may be able to help you with your case, schedule a free consultation today: 1-800-747-3733.
Expenses You May be Able to Recover in Your Slip and Fall Claim
A successful slip and fall case may entitle you to compensation for any of the following:
- Medical expenses: This can include emergency room bills, ongoing treatment, prescriptions, long-term care, etc.
- Lost wages: You can recover compensation for wages you lost during recovery. This can include time you had to take off to attend appointments or days in which you were unable to perform your duties.
- Lost earning capacity: If your slip and fall-related disability caused you to take another job or retire, you can recover compensation for the wages you should currently be earning.
- Pain and suffering: You are entitled to compensation for the pain your injury caused.
- Mental anguish: Injuries can come with intense mental anguish and the development of disorders such as anxiety or depression.
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall accidents lawyer serving Palm Bay, 800-747-3733
When the Property Owner Might Be At Fault for Your Slip and Fall
To recover compensation for your slip and fall injuries, we must establish the property owner caused or contributed to your accident.
The property owner may be liable if:
- They failed to keep the premises safe;
- They failed to inform visitors that there were hazardous conditions on the property;
- They failed to block off the unsafe area. An example would be if the owner failed to block off construction on the property; or
- They knowingly allowed an employee to create an unsafe situation.
Palm BaySlip and Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Your Status Affects Your Ability to Recover Compensation for Your Injuries
During our initial consultation, we may ask you if you had the legal right to be on the property where you fell. Florida law categorizes visitors to a property in three ways:
- Invitee: The property owner permits you to be on the property. They own a business that is open to the public, or they explicitly invited you onto the property. Examples may include:
- Customers or business clients
- Condominium or rental house occupants
- A partnership with another company
- A Licensee: The property owner permits you to enter the property for a specified purpose. Examples may include:
- Employees who are off-duty
- A salesperson
- Someone who entered the property to use a restroom
- A Trespasser: The property owner does not permit you to be on the property. The property owner is not responsible for your slip and fall accident unless there was intent to harm you. Some examples may include.
- A burglar
- Someone who disregards a ‘No Trespassing’ sign
- Someone who shows up at a social gathering uninvited
In any case, you may want to seek the legal counsel of a slip and fall attorney to determine what your options are.
To find out more about how our premises liability attorneys can help you, contact us at 1-800-747-3733.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
How Anidjar & Levine May Be Able to Help with Your Case
Our team wants you to focus your energy on recovering from your injuries, not on building a slip and fall case. Our team will handle all the following:
- File your claim and prepare all the necessary documents
- Investigate the facts of the case to establish if the property owner was at fault for your accident
- Guide you through the process and provide legal counsel
- Speak with medical experts, eyewitnesses, and your insurance company on your behalf
- Continue to engage the property owner’s insurance company in working out a settlement
- If the insurer fails to agree to a fair settlement, we can take it to court.
Palm Bay Slip and Fall AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Potentially Liable Insurance Companies
Property owners generally have some insurance associated with their property. In a slip and fall accident, one or more insurance companies may cover your medical bills or other expenses.
Which insurance company may cover the loss?
- Homeowner’s policy: If you slipped and fell at someone’s home, their homeowner’s insurance will likely compensate you for your injuries.
- Commercial liability: The property owner may carry commercial general liability insurance that covers injuries sustained by visitors or guests.
- Your health insurance: If the property owner or their insurance company denies your claim, your health insurance company may cover your medical expenses.
Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer in Palm Bay, FL
If you or a loved one was involved in a slip and fall accident, a Palm Bay injury attorney at Anidjar & Levine may be able to help you file a claim against the property owner. Discuss your case with an injury attorney today.
To schedule a case evaluation, call us at 1-800-747-3733.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW