If a dog bit you in Orlando, you have the right to pursue damages for your injuries, including medical bills and other losses. However, you should not have to pay for medical bills related to a dog bite injury caused by someone else’s dog.
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we handle a wide range of dog bite cases. Contact our team today for a free evaluation of your case. An Orlando dog bite lawyer can help you pursue the compensation you deserve.
- Dog Bite Cases We Handle In Orlando
- Our Dog Bite Lawyers Work On A Contingency-Fee Basis
- Your Time Is Limited To Take Legal Action In Florida
- Liability In Orlando Dog Bite Cases
- Let Our Clients Tell You How We Treated Them
- Damages You May Recover In A Dog Bite Case
- How A Dog Bite Attorney In Orlando Can Help You
- Contact A Dog Bite Lawyer In Orlando, Florida Today
For a free legal consultation with a dog bite injury lawyer serving Orlando, call (800) 747-3733
Dog Bite Cases We Handle In Orlando
Dog bite cases can be complex. Our team handles all types of dog bite injury cases, including the following:
- Dog bite incidents involving children
- Dog bite accidents that occur on your property
- Dog bites that occur on public property, such as a park
- Dog bite incidents that occur in private locations, such as at another person’s home
Dog bite incidents can cause a wide range of injuries, including:
- Painful lacerations
- Scarring and other disfigurements
- Nerve damage
- Tissue damage
- Head or brain injuries
- Tearing wounds
- Internal bleeding or organ damage
You may be able to recover compensation following a dog bite incident. Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for a free dog bite case evaluation.
Orlando Dog Bite Injury Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
Our Dog Bite Lawyers Work On A Contingency-Fee Basis
We handle dog bite injury claims and lawsuits on a contingency-fee basis because these are personal injury cases. Florida law allows us to represent injured people or wrongful death claimants this way so that you do not have to pay any upfront legal fees.
It would not be fair to force individuals to pay legal fees out of pocket to fight for the money they deserve. The billion-dollar insurance corporations have much greater resources and can afford to litigate people straight into bankruptcy.
With contingency-fee agreements, you do not pay any legal fees until you win. Then, we get a previously agreed-upon percentage of the settlement proceeds or the money the jury awarded. In other words, we do not get paid until you do.
Your Time Is Limited To Take Legal Action In Florida
Florida has statutes of limitations that create deadlines for filing different types of lawsuits. You must file a lawsuit by the time limit for your kind of case or forever lose the right to hold the at-fault party financially accountable for the harm they caused.
Negotiating with the claims adjuster does not count as filing a lawsuit, so it does not satisfy the statute of limitations. You do not want to let the claims adjuster trick you into thinking that the case will settle if the deadline is approaching.
The statute of limitations for personal injury cases is four years in Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a). Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d) imposes a two-year filing deadline on wrongful death cases. In some situations, the court will allow a little extra time, like for an injured child, but those are rare exceptions.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Liability In Orlando Dog Bite Cases
Florida Statutes § 767.04 outlines who is liable for dog bites. In most cases, the dog owner is liable for injuries caused by their dog, regardless of whether the dog displayed signs of aggressiveness in the past.
If you are lawfully on private property or in a public location, the dog owner can be liable for your injuries, including medical bills and other damages.
Your Actions Can Affect Your Dog Bite Claim
Specific actions you take can reduce the amount of liability placed on the dog owner.
For example, if you behave negligently or enter a property with a conspicuous sign stating, “Bad Dog,” the dog owner’s liability may be reduced or eliminated.
Liability in a personal injury case can be complex. If you have questions about whether you have a case, contact a dog bite lawyer in Orlando, Florida, today for a free case review. You do not have to figure out the complexities of the law or sort out the liability issues. Instead, contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine to discuss your dog bite case and find out if you might have a claim for money damages.
Let Our Clients Tell You How We Treated Them
We could tell you plenty of examples of how we fought for clients and treated them like gold, but we think you would likely prefer to hear about it in their own words. So here are some five out of five possible stars reviews on our website:
- “I must say, I wasn’t a believer until I met with these guys! I lost hope but Shire Patel, Esq. helped me with my case and made sure everything was a total success! If you need any legal advice, please ask for Shire Patel. He is kind and very professional. I’m so glad I went with Anidjar & Levine.” Nathacha P.
- “Jonathan at Andijar and Levine was very helpful. He kept us informed and comfortable that he was doing everything that he could to get us the most for our settlement. Thank you Andijar and Levine.” Joe H.
You can read many more glowing testimonials to learn more.
Damages You May Recover In A Dog Bite Case
The damages you may be eligible for in your dog bite case will depend upon the details of your claim. To understand the value of your dog bite case, it is imperative that you speak with an injury attorney.
There are common types of damages often recovered in dog bite cases. These include:
- Medical bills, including transportation to the hospital, doctor’s care, surgeries, antibiotics, rabies treatment, pain management, and plastic surgery to reduce scarring and restore range of motion and function.
- Lost wages if you miss time at work due to medical care or while healing.
- Lost future wages if you can no longer work in the same position following your injuries.
- Emotional damages, including pain and suffering, as well as treatment for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, or other emotional harm.
- Burial expenses and other damages in a wrongful death claim in cases where someone passes away due to injuries sustained in a dog bite accident.
Contact a dog bite attorney in Orlando, Florida, to better understand the amount of damages you are eligible for. In addition, we offer a free case review to all Orlando dog bite victims.
How A Dog Bite Attorney In Orlando Can Help You
If a dog bit you, you may be in pain, concerned about your legal options, and worried about how you will pay your medical bills. However, you should not have to suffer because of another party’s negligence.
The Orlando dog bite attorneys at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine are here to guide you through the legal process. Here are a few ways we can help you during this difficult time.
Gather Evidence To Support Your Injury Claim
We will gather evidence, including medical bills, past incident reports, photographs of the scene, and any other documents we can use to build a strong case for you.
File A Claim With The Dog Owner’s Insurance Company
Once we have gathered all the necessary documents, we will file a claim for your damages. This will mean filing a claim with the dog owner’s insurance company in most cases.
Negotiate A Settlement For Your Losses
Sometimes insurance companies are more concerned with their profits than what is right. However, if they make an unfair offer, we will negotiate with them to reach a settlement.
Take Your Claim To An Orange County Court, If Necessary
If the insurance company is unwilling to work in good faith and pay a fair settlement of your injury claim, we might have to take your dog bite case to court. We will represent you to the court and present your case if this occurs.
Contact A Dog Bite Lawyer In Orlando, Florida Today
If you sustained injuries in a dog attack in Orlando, Florida, our legal team could help. Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today for a free dog bite case review. You pay nothing unless your dog bite attorney recovers damages for you.