North Lauderdale, while picturesque, faces the same challenges that many cities throughout Florida do. Hurricanes batter the coasts of Florida with alarming frequency. When they strike, they can cause thousands of dollars in property damages.
In these situations, hurricane victims typically turn to their homeowners’ insurance policies to recover damages. If you have the correct policies, an insurance plan can help you get back on your feet. A North Lauderdale hurricane property claim lawyer can assist with this process, and push for a fair insurance claim.
What Compensation Can I Receive in a Hurricane Property Claim?
Hurricane insurance is complicated. There’s typically no singular policy that applies to all the damage caused by hurricanes. In Florida, most homeowners’ policies have a hurricane deductible which applies during storm season. For flooding coverage, which includes water damage, you may need a separate policy.
Provided you have the correct policies in place, a claim can cover these expenses:
- Moving wreckage and other debris from your property
- Roof and flooring damage
- Flood damage
- Reimbursement if you must live away from your home while it’s repaired
- Reimbursement for lost personal belongings
Remember, no singular policy can provide complete hurricane coverage. If you’re curious about the coverage that your homeowner’s insurance provides, speak with your insurer. A lawyer could also help you determine the specifics of your policy.
The Challenges of Filing a Hurricane Property Claim
Insurers aren’t always on your side. They may make securing a hurricane property claim more difficult than it needs to be. Insurers are oftentimes more interested in saving money than ensuring that you receive fair compensation after a hurricane. Be wary of the following ways that an insurer might try to reduce the value of your claim:
Request a Recorded Statement
An insurer requesting you to provide them with a recorded statement may sound innocuous. This tactic is anything but innocuous, though. Insurers can use your recorded statement to suggest that:
- Your home was damaged prior to the hurricane
- You didn’t adequately prepare for the hurricane
- You’re somehow responsible for the damages your home sustained
Recorded statements are treated as fact during the hurricane property claim process. Whatever statements are made on record usually can’t be disputed later.
If an insurer requests that you provide them with a recorded statement, direct them to your lawyer. A lawyer will know what things can or can’t be said to insurers. They could help you avoid jeopardizing your case.
Review Your Social Media Presence
Insurers don’t just rely on recorded statements to evaluate your case. They may turn to your social media, as well. During a social media review, they’ll look for:
- Statements you’ve made that downplay damages your home suffered
- Images of your home that suggest it was damaged prior to the hurricane
- Any other evidence that could potentially reduce the value of your claim
After a hurricane, be careful about how much you share on social media. Similarly, scrutinize your friend requests list. If you’ve been added by someone you’re not familiar with, don’t accept their request. It could be an insurer looking to investigate the facts of your case.
Their Representatives Frequently Change
Insurance companies are oftentimes busy after hurricanes strike. To meet demand, they may need to swap out your current representative. If this happens more than once, though, they may be trying to stall out your claim. In doing so, they hope to frustrate you so you’ll accept whatever offer is already on the table.
Don’t let insurers take advantage of you just because you’re in a difficult position. Keep your eyes peeled so you can identify bad faith insurance tactics before they impact the outcome of your case.
What Can a Hurricane Property Claim Lawyer Do for Me?
Insurance claims don’t require hiring a lawyer. However, this process is often complicated. You may need to deal with aggressive insurers, and complex documentation. This workload is typically joined by the other challenges associated with the aftermath of a hurricane, including:
- Making sure that your family is safe
- Temporarily moving out of your home
- Hiring a contractor to repair your home
A North Lauderdale hurricane property claim lawyer could help you stress less. They’ll take over the trickier aspects of your case and offer you peace of mind. They can work towards securing you the best settlement possible by:
- Estimate the value of your damages
- Review the coverage provided by your policy
- Dispute unfair compensation offered by insurers
- Identify and protect you against unfair insurance tactics
Choosing a Lawyer From the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine
Our team has supported countless legal clients throughout the state of Florida. We care about our clients and want them to have the best chance possible to secure a fair settlement. We can provide a seamless legal experience:
- We’re responsive: We get it. After a hurricane strikes, it’s common to have countless burning questions. Our team is responsive. We’ll field your questions via text, email, or phone call. Our no-nonsense answers can put your questions to rest. You don’t need to be kept up at night wondering about the coverage your insurance plan provides.
- We’ll keep you updated: Nothing’s worse than hiring a lawyer and immediately being left in the dark. It’s normal to want to know what’s going on with your case. We’ll keep you updated as the status of your case progresses.
- We’ll review your case for free: Free case evaluations are a powerful tool. They allow us to inform clients about the facts of their case. The best part? Our case evaluations are no obligation. Contacting us because you have questions doesn’t mean you need to hire us.
Can I Afford a Lawyer?
Hiring a lawyer from our team is more straightforward than you might think. We work on contingency, which means that:
- We don’t charge anything upfront
- We’re on your team – we don’t get paid unless you win your case
- Our final payment will come as a previously agreed upon percentage of your settlement
Hire a Hurricane Property Claim Attorney Today
The aftermath of a hurricane can be messy. You and your family deserve to rest. Let us help you. We’ll take over the difficult aspects of your case, and work towards getting your life back on track. Many of our lawyers are residents of Florida themselves. They understand how painful picking up the pieces after a hurricane can be.
Contact our offices for a free case evaluation today. There may be a limit on the amount of time you have to pursue legal action. You deserve legal representation as you navigate the hurricane property claims process.
We Can Help.