If you were injured in a rear-end collision in Jacksonville, you may be eligible to collect compensation from the at-fault party for your economic and non-economic losses. If you’re unsure how to handle the legal process, a Jacksonville rear-end collision car accident lawyer from our personal injury team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is here to help.
What You Should Know about Rear-End Collisions
When you think of a rear-end collision, you may envision a minor fender bender. Unfortunately, rear-end accidents can be much more serious than that. What may seem like a straightforward claim can quickly turn into a complex legal battle, so there are a few things to consider if you are injured in this type of accident, namely:
- The rear driver is not always at fault in a rear-end collision. Both parties can share responsibility.
- If fault is disputed, it could lower your settlement and make the claim process more complex.
- Rear-end collisions can cause significant injuries that may not be apparent right away.
- It is essential to protect your legal rights to avoid risking your financial recovery.
The Rear Driver Is Not Automatically At Fault for a Rear End Accidents in Florida
While it is most commonly assumed the rear-end driver is always at fault, in some accidents, the lead driver could be liable. Examples of where this may be the case include:
- Reversing into the car behind
- Driving with broken brake lights
- The lead driver suddenly stopping unnecessarily or intentionally
- Another driver abruptly cutting in front of you, not allowing enough braking distance to avoid a collision
- Collisions caused due to drunk or distracted driving
Proving Fault after a Rear-End Collision in Florida
Proving fault means showing how the other driver caused or contributed to the accident. If possible, you can do a few things to help at the scene, such as taking photographs or videos of your injuries and damage to the vehicles. You can also collect contact details from anyone present at the time. Finally, if available, witness statements can help to prove your case if the other driver disputes fault.
It can be stressful dealing with the aftermath of an auto accident, especially while recovering from your injuries. However, we can take care of all of that for you. Our Jacksonville rear-end auto accident attorneys will support you by:
- Investigating the accident’s cause to identify liable parties
- Gathering and organizing the evidence required to establish your claim, such as police reports, CCTV footage, your medical records, and statements from witnesses
- Building a robust case and managing administration and communications with insurance companies
The stronger the case we can build for you, the more likely we will be able to win a fair settlement from the insurance company. However, even if you share partial blame for the accident, you may still be able to recover compensation. However, your compensation amount will be reduced by the percentage of blame you are allocated, per Florida Statutes § 761.81.
As such, it is important to mitigate any unjust allegations of fault against you to ensure you are fairly represented and receive adequate compensation for your financial losses.
For a free legal consultation with a rear-end car collisions lawyer serving Jacksonville, 800-747-3733
Claiming Compensation after a Rear-End Collision in Jacksonville
Florida is a no-fault state, which means you will initially file a claim under your personal injury protection (PIP) policy, regardless of who is at fault in the collision. However, PIP coverage only pays for up to 80 percent of your medical bills and up to 60 percent of your lost wages (up to policy limits), per Florida Statutes § 627.736.
Thankfully, if your injuries meet a specific threshold, you may be able to recover additional compensation for economic and non-economic damages from the other driver.
Your Jacksonville rear-end car accident lawyer will aim to establish the full extent of your financial damages related to your injuries and other associated losses to help you achieve a fair settlement. We will go through this process with you and ensure we account for all your losses. We will:
- Assess the full extent of your damages, current and ongoing
- Help you gather the evidence to prove your financial losses
- Negotiate for a fair settlement with the insurance company
If you have consistently paid your insurance premiums over the years, it is reasonable to assume your insurance company will come through for you when needed. However, in many cases, things are not always this simple.
Insurance companies work to maintain profit margins by reducing their financial exposure in claims, which could mean your case being delayed, disputed, undervalued, or unfairly denied. Our Jacksonville rear-end accident attorneys are here to ensure your claim is managed fairly and appropriately compensated.
JacksonvilleRear-End Car Collisions Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Step By Step: Dealing with a Rear-End Collision
Auto accidents can happen in the blink of an eye. In the stress of the moment, it is not easy to know what to do. To support you, our Jacksonville rear-end accident lawyers have prepared the following step-by-step guide to help you stay safe and calm should the unexpected happen.
At the Scene:
- Move to safety, but do not leave the accident scene.
- Call 911 to request immediate medical attention if anyone is injured.
- Report the accident to the police.
- Never admit fault, apologize, or say you feel fine
- Exchange details with the other involved driver(s)
- Gather evidence, such as photographs of both vehicles’ damage, marks on the road, and injuries.
- Collect contact information from any witnesses.
In the Aftermath:
- See your doctor, as you may have injuries you do not know about, and follow their recommended treatment plan.
- Avoid posting on social media. Insurance companies can view this information and use it against you.
- Report the accident to your insurance company as soon as possible. You only have to provide the when and where at this point. Avoid going into detail about what happened or how you feel. It is too early to be clear at this stage.
- Consider seeking advice about your legal options with a free consultation.
- If you hire legal representation, let your insurance company know your lawyer will handle further communication with them.
Our team is on hand to support you through every stage of the claim process. However, if you have questions, please reach out. We are here to help.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Get Help from a Jacksonville Rear-End Collision Accident Attorney Today
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, your needs come first. We build genuine connections with our clients and are always here to answer your questions. You can contact us night or day. With years of experience helping people with legal matters through challenging times, we will fight to defend your rights and recover the compensation you deserve.
To learn more about your legal options for making a rear-end accident claim, contact our team to schedule a free consultation today.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW