Whether it’s a quick drive to Lake Trafford or a longer trip to the coast, the places to ride your motorcycle in Immokalee, FL, are seemingly endless. However, motorcycle riding is inherently risky, according to the Florida Highway Safety Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV). Collier County saw more than 80 motorcycle crashes in 2022.
Motorcycle accident victims can pursue compensation to cover their expenses associated with the accident. If you were in such a crash, our firm’s Immokalee motorcycle accident lawyer could handle your case while you focus on getting better. We go the extra mile for our clients and offer free legal consultations.
You May Be Entitled to Collect Compensation in a Motorcycle Accident Case
All motorcycle accident claims differ, so how much compensation you can seek depends on the circumstances of your case, such as:
- The severity of your injuries
- Your prognosis
- Your medical care
- Whether you can work
- Your mental health
Common Injury Accident Damages
Even though everyone’s situation is unique, damages victims can pursue often overlap. If you were injured in a motorcycle wreck or other motor vehicle accident, you might be able to recover compensation for the following:
- Medical bills for past and future care
- Property damage costs
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
Common Wrongful Death Damages
We offer our deepest condolences if you have recently lost a loved one in an accident. After the tragic loss of a family member, you may be entitled to collect wrongful death compensation for:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- End-of-life medical care bills
- Loss of services and support
- Loss of parental companionship and care
- Pain and suffering
Under Florida Statutes § 768.21, only specific parties can file wrongful death cases. Typically, the deceased person’s surviving children, spouse, or parents can pursue such a claim or lawsuit.
Determining Negligence in an Immokalee Motorcycle Accident
You must prove that another party caused your injuries to secure compensation. Responsible parties in a motorcycle accident case could include:
- A car driver or another motorist
- A vehicle manufacturer
- A government municipality
- A mechanic
To prove that someone else caused your accident, you must show the following:
- The other party had a duty of care: The party who caused your accident was responsible for keeping you safe and acting as a reasonable person would in the given situation.
- The other party didn’t uphold this duty: You must show that before causing your accident, the other party behaved negligently. If another driver caused the accident, negligent behavior could be speeding, opening the car door without checking for traffic, or making an illegal left turn.
- This behavior led to the accident: The other party’s negligence caused the motorcycle accident and your injuries.
- You suffered damages: You can use medical records, receipts, and invoices to show that you have damages stemming from the accident.
Our attorneys can help you satisfy each of these elements of negligence.
Evidence We Can Use in Your Motorcycle Accident Case
You must use evidence to support your negligence claims. An Immokalee motorcycle accident lawyer from our firm can gather the following information to build your case:
- Eyewitness statements
- Traffic camera footage
- Pictures of the crash scene and your injuries
- Expert input
- Your medical records
- The police report
If you have any other documentation that can further back up your claim, bring it to your injury attorney.
Why Hire Our Law Firm For Your Collier or Lee County Motorcycle Case
The aftermath of a motorcycle crash can be complicated. Mounting medical bills, battling with insurance companies, and reviewing lengthy documents can cause headaches. That’s where we come in.
Our firm offers various legal services while our clients heal from their injuries.
- Provide you with the phone number of the lawyer assigned to your case.
- Answer all your questions.
- Help you set up appointments.
- Stay in communication with you regarding the status of your case.
- Communicate with insurers, so you don’t have to.
- Negotiate a settlement that covers your damages.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyers?
We understand that you may be under financial pressure after a costly accident. To help alleviate some of this burden, we offer our services on a contingency-fee-basis. In other words, we don’t ask for payment upfront or out of pocket.
Instead, we receive a portion of your compensation when your case settles. You have nothing to lose when you enlist our help.
Motorcycle Accident Cases Are Time-Sensitive
You only have a little time to file a motorcycle accident lawsuit. These cases are subject to Florida’s personal injury statute of limitations, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a). The deadline is usually four years. If you file a wrongful death lawsuit, you generally have two years under Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d).
These deadlines may shift depending on the facts of your case. If you don’t file your motorcycle accident lawsuit within the allotted time, you may risk missing your opportunity to collect compensation. However, if you get our attorneys involved with your case soon enough, we can help you comply with the deadline.
Other benefits for getting a head start on your case include the following:
- It provides you or your lawyer with ample time to gather evidence.
- It helps ensure that witnesses remember important details about your case.
- It allows you to get your money sooner.
Injuries Motorcyclists May Suffer in a Crash
Because of the lack of protection motorcycles offer, riders may sustain severe injuries, such as:
- Road rash
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Broken bones
- Abdominal injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
Always seek medical care as soon as you can after an accident. Injuries may worsen and lead to other complications if you aren’t treated immediately.
Hire A Motorcycle Accident Lawyer From Our Firm Today
If you or a loved one was hurt in a motorcycle accident in Immokalee, an attorney from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine could fight for your right to fair compensation.
Our Immokalee motorcycle accident attorneys are here for you after a devastating motorcycle wreck and can listen to your story in a free and confidential consultation. Contact us today to get started.
We Can Help.