In Florida, one disastrous truck accident happens every day, despite the state making the highways and roads safer. If you’ve been involved in such a truck accident, it would be best to hire a truck accident lawyer since you’re entitled to financial compensation for your damages.
Since most truck accidents are fatal or life-changing due to their destructive nature, a lawyer will represent you as you take time to recover from your injuries. The lawyer will gather all the necessary evidence, negotiate with the insurer, determine the compensation value, prove liability, and file a lawsuit if necessary.
Our Green Cove Truck Accident Lawyers Can Handle Your Case
After a truck accident, you deserve to rest and recover from your injuries. We can handle the legal legwork. The trucking industry is subjected to different road regulations from passenger vehicles. Our lawyers can tailor a strategy to suit your specific situation. We are also aware of the statute of limitation for filing a lawsuit after a truck accident, so you can rest assured that you will not miss the deadline.
We can help by providing the following legal services.
Determining Liability for Your Truck Accident
A negligent truck driver, in most cases, is usually responsible if an accident occurs. However, more than one party can be liable when a truck accident happens, depending on other factors. It’s your lawyer’s responsibility to collect evidence and connect the accident to the guilty party.
Here is an example of parties that can be liable for a truck accident:
- Trucking Company: A trucking company can be blamed for a truck accident when they fail to perform regular mechanical maintenance or ensure the truck drivers are qualified for the job during the hiring process.
- Truck Driver: The truck driver will be held liable due to careless driving or driving under the influence of alcohol. Also, fatigue can result in miscalculation or misjudgment, causing an accident.
- Manufacturer of Truck Parts: A manufacturer of truck parts can be liable if the accident occurs due to the defective parts of the truck failing.
- Loading Company: The cargo loaders must follow specific instructions during the loading process. Poor loading can cause an imbalance in the truck, leading to an accident.
Collecting Evidence for Your Case
One of the critical roles of a personal injury lawyer is to collect sufficient evidence to strengthen the client’s claim. The evidence will show the extent of damages and injuries and the liable party.
Examples of evidence that a lawyer can present are:
- Medical records showing present and expected future expenses in case of ongoing medical care
- Police report and eyewitness statements explaining the account of the event before and after the accident
- Pictures and videos that were taken at the accident scene
Your legal team will leave no stone unturned when getting to the bottom of what happened.
Negotiating with the Insurer
Your lawyer will safeguard your interests during the negotiation process with the insurer as you focus on recovery.
Lawyers negotiate for a reasonable settlement based on:
- Medical care expenses, both present and future
- Car replacement or repair expenses
- Emotional and physical suffering
We can review your losses to ensure we fight for what you deserve.
No Up-Front Fees to Get Started
We can take your case on a contingency fee basis, meaning your lawyer gets a certain percentage of the settlement you receive from the insurer. The lawyer’s share typically begins at around 33%.
The best part with contingency fees is that it poses no risk of additional financial loss to you. We also offer a free case review to examine your case and explain our legal fee structure. You can learn more about working with our firm by reviewing online testimonials.
Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for a Free Case Review
If you live in Green Cove, Florida, and have been injured in a truck accident or lost a family member in such a situation, reach out to the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for legal help. Our truck accident lawyers will help you recover financial compensation from the liable parties.
Let our team of lawyers will handle the claim process and negotiations with the insurer as you recuperate. Contact us today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free review of your injury claim.
We Can Help.