Were you in an accident involving a Lyft (or another) rideshare vehicle? If so, you may be wondering what to do next, asking yourself questions like, “How am I going to pay for my injuries and missed work? And whom can I hold responsible?”
A good place to start is with a Lyft accident lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine understand the issues that arise from Lyft accidents. For a confidential review of your claim, contact our office for a complimentary case review.
- You Could Retain a Lawyer to Handle Your Case
- Possible Compensation Recoverable after Lyft Accident Cases
- If You Lost a Loved One in a Fort Lauderdale Lyft Accident
- Liability for a Lyft Accident Case
- You Should Not Wait to Take Action after Suffering a Rideshare Accident
- Call a Lyft Accident Lawyer’s Team in Fort Lauderdale, FL
For a free legal consultation with a lyft accidents lawyer serving Fort Lauderdale, call (800) 747-3733
You Could Retain a Lawyer to Handle Your Case
You do not have to handle your claim alone. You do not have to hire a lawyer either, but doing so can reduce the stress you feel when you should be focusing on recovery. Your legal team can stand by you until the end of your case.
They can do the following for you:
- Investigate your accident to determine fault
- Write and send a demand letter listing your losses to the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurer
- Assign a value to your case
- Explore all options for financial recovery
- Answer your questions
- Protect your rights
- Recruit the aid of accident reconstructionists and expert witnesses
- Secure evidence that supports your case
- Interview eyewitnesses to the accident
- Secure a copy of the accident report
- Make your case in court, if need be
- Keep you updated throughout the case
Your legal team will help you in any way they can.
Fort Lauderdale Lyft Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
Possible Compensation Recoverable after Lyft Accident Cases
- As a passenger in a vehicle operated by a Lyft driver
- By a Lyft driver as a pedestrian, bicyclist, or motorcyclist
- By a Lyft driver while lawfully operating your own vehicle
- As a driver, while providing contract services on behalf of Lyft
You Could Recover Economic Damages
Medical expenses, lost income, rehabilitation expenses, and other out-of-pocket costs (even if your own insurance company covered it) are part of your economic damages, also called special damages. Loss of future earning potential from injury-related disabilities or permanent injuries are also part of special damages.
Future medical expenses, even though not yet incurred, are another form of special damages.
You Could Seek Non-Economic Damages
Non-economic damages, also called general damages, are those losses a victim has suffered (and on which no one can put a price). These include pain and suffering, emotional trauma, mental anguish, and/or inconvenience.
If a negligent party’s acts or omissions were particularly egregious or willfully reckless, a victim may be able to pursue punitive damages to punish the wrongdoer, in addition to seeking compensatory damages.
Estate administrators, executors, and surviving family members can also seek these damages on behalf of the victim of a fatal accident.
If You Lost a Loved One in a Fort Lauderdale Lyft Accident
You have our deepest sympathy if you lost a family member to a rideshare vehicle accident. Let us help you pursue justice from the liable party (or parties).
This could come in the form of an award for losses such as:
- Lost income (if you relied on your loved one’s wages)
- Your loved one’s pain and suffering prior to their passing
- Your loved one’s medical bills prior to their passing
- Loss of consortium or guidance
- Your mental anguish
- Funeral and burial expenses
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Liability for a Lyft Accident Case
An injured victim may pursue a claim under Lyft’s insurance policy.
Lyft’s insurance coverage depends on the driver’s status at the time of the wreck:
Driver Not on the Lyft App
If the driver is not transporting passengers nor looking to pick up passengers (i.e., the driver is using his or her vehicle for personal use), then the driver’s own policy will cover the accident.
Driver on the Lyft App
If the driver is available to take passengers but has none, the Lyft policy provides up to $50,000/$100,000 bodily injury liability and $25,000 property damage liability.
Driver With or on the Way to Pick Up a Passenger
In such cases, the Lyft policy provides $1 million in liability coverage.
Other Parties Could Be Liable for Your Accident
Any negligent party could be liable to pay for your damages, such as a manufacturer that produced a defective vehicle. We will be able to look at the facts, perform research, and determine liability.
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is familiar with Florida Statutes §627.748, which outlines the regulations for rideshare apps like Lyft. This statute describes the requirements of rideshare companies, as well as what might be considered negligence.
For example, possible claims against Lyft may include:
- Negligent hiring or retention
- Negligent supervision or training
- Consumer-related claims
The Broward County Code of Ordinances might also prove relevant to your case. For instance, if your vehicle was hit by a Lyft driver that was not picking up a passenger at the airport where they were supposed to, the driver could suffer civil penalties.
You Should Not Wait to Take Action after Suffering a Rideshare Accident
There are time limits you should keep in mind that could affect your case. For instance, Florida Statutes §95.11 imposes a general time frame of four years on personal injury lawsuits. Certain circumstances could change this timeline, however. Speak to your lawyer about how long you have to file a lawsuit.
Call a Lyft Accident Lawyer’s Team in Fort Lauderdale, FL
After learning about your case, one of our car accident lawyers can investigate and pursue the amount of compensation to which you may be entitled.
We Offer Free Consultations to Prospective Clients
You should have the opportunity to speak to a law firm before signing a contract. This enables you to learn about our team and what we can do for you. Tell us about your case so we can discuss your options. Call now for your free claim review with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine.