Getting bitten by a dog can be both scary and debilitating. Not only can dog bites be severe in and of themselves, but they can also put your health at serious risk. Getting tests, treatment, and resting to recover can be costly. You shouldn’t have to suffer financially as a result of this incident, however. Our personal injury lawyer can help you pursue a financial recovery.
While bite injuries can cost you significantly, you can still file a case to recover your expenses and other losses. When you work with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, you can expect easy access to our team and frequent case updates. We will fight for a financial award while you recover from your injuries.
Damages In Your Coral Springs Dog Bite Case
A dog bite lawyer from our firm can help you estimate the value of your case. To assess the value of your losses, our team will look at records of your expenses, a history of your wages, and your personal suffering because of this incident.
Here are some examples of damages you may be able to recover:
- Medical bills. This could include ambulance bills, emergency room treatment, prescription medication, surgery, etc. Any treatment you need now and in the future is a recoverable expense.
- Lost wages. Time you spend away from work while you recover from your injuries cuts into your earnings. We can help you demand these lost earnings or benefits; however, we can also pursue compensation for a loss in your earning capacity. If your injury is severe enough, and you are unable to work in the same way, you should be compensated appropriately.
- Pain and suffering. This personal loss is difficult to calculate, but we may use formulas to calculate what you are owed based on your physical, emotional, and personal suffering. Compensation for your lost quality of life is meant to offset some of these negative consequences, so you can move forward with life after the incident.
Wrongful Death Damages
If you lost a loved one to a dog bite injury, we hope to convey how sorry we are for your loss. Losing a loved one is hard for so many reasons, but grief is often compounded by financial insecurity. We can help you pursue financial recovery after the loss of your loved one. Damages we may recover on your behalf include:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of your loved one’s financial support
- Loss of your loved one’s companionship
- Pain and suffering
We hope you’ll allow us to take on the burden of legal action, so financial insecurity doesn’t prevent you from prioritizing yourself and your family.
For a free legal consultation with a dog bite lawyer serving Coral Springs, 800-747-3733
How The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Can Help With Your Dog Bite Case
It can be intimidating to face the legal process on your own, especially if you’re struggling to physically recover while you juggle your other responsibilities. As your legal representatives, we could take the lead on your case while you focused on your recovery. Here are some of the services we offer our personal injury clients:
- Setting your appointments
- Gathering evidence for your case
- Communicating with insurers and the at-fault party
- Negotiating for a settlement
- Pursuing a lawsuit, if necessary
- Preparing you for court proceedings
- Representing you in front of a judge or jury
Depending on the circumstances of the incident, we may be required to gather evidence that would be difficult for you to collect on your own. Some examples of evidence we can gather include surveillance footage, police reports, and witness testimony.
Coral SpringsDog Bite Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Liability For Dog Bites Under Florida Law
Florida Statutes Section 767.04 states that a Coral Springs dog owner would be responsible for the dog bite under the following circumstances:
- The dog bit a victim who was lawfully on private property, regardless of whether it was on the dog owner’s land or not
- The dog bite happened in a public space, such as in neighborhood parks or out on the street
Proving the dog owner’s negligence is not always necessary in a bite case. Instead, the crucial factor is showing that the dog bite injured you. This can involve showing surveillance footage, photographs of the injury, and medical records.
Liability Exceptions And Defenses Against Dog Bite Cases
Unless the victim is below six years old, Coral Springs dog owners can be exempt from liability for a victim’s damages if any of these instances apply to the dog bite incident:
- The victim was trespassing on the dog owner’s property
- The victim provoked or acted negligently around the dog despite visible warning signs
- The victim was committing a crime
Furthermore, the Coral Springs dog bite lawyer can still assist you in investigating the dog owner’s actions at the time. If the dog owner claims they are not liable, you could use evidence of their negligence to counteract their claim.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Comparative Negligence In Dog Bite Actions
Since Coral Springs dog owners can use your negligence against you in dog bite cases, Florida’s comparative fault rules could reduce your recoverable damages. The amount deducted depends on how much blame is placed on you.
For example, if you are 30 percent liable for provoking a dog, the dog owner owes you 70 percent of the settlement.
If you’re unsure about how your circumstances could affect your settlement, our team can do a free consultation to assess your legal options. We have the experience and resources to construct a strong case and fight for what you deserve.
Coral Springs Dog BiteYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Get A Free Consultation With The Law Offices Of Anidjar & Levine
Dog bite cases can become complex depending on the circumstances surrounding the incident. Rest assured, the law offices of Anidjar & Levine are committed to simplifying the process for our clients, so you can enjoy peace of mind while we handle your case. Since our founding in 2005, we have settled injury cases throughout Florida, including dog bite disputes.
Get started today by calling or filling out our online contact form.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW